7.27.2011

Bugs in my plant

The plant that my husband and son bought me for my birthday has bugs.  The bugs came from an infested basil plant my parents gave me.  I am so sad.  I have had it in the garage without water since Monday. 

Tonight, I will water it with a hydrogen peroxide/water mix, in the hopes of killing all eggs and larvar in the first 2 inches of the soil.  I hope to move my baby plant (Calla Lilies) back in the house tomorrow morning. 

It is so sad.   I had to move it out, though, before it infested the other plants, and I was already finding the little boogers just wandering the airwaves in the house.  Ugh.  I felt dirty from them, and they were super annoying.

The break in the heat is over-- we'll be back in the hundreds tomorrow.  It was a nice stretch of about 5 days with humidity, but not extreme humidity.  I've learned beggers can't be choosy in the NC summers.

No comments: