7.21.2011

An idea I laughed at might have merit

Our little guy was having trouble sleeping, so, as a result, my husband and I were NOT sleeping.

It was a rough time from early April to now, July.  Recently, we've had 3 good nights of sleep, and as I am writing this, I hope I am not jinxing sleep forevermore.  Ugh, if I am.

I don't know about you all, but I have found that the more sleep I get, the more I want.  Waking up in the morning has been hard since little man slept three nights in a row.  All in all, sleep is nice.

My husband had a theory, which I had heard worked for some others, but I didn't think it would work with our little boy. 

But, I digress, on Sunday night, we put the theory to the test.  We put one of my worn sleep t-shirts in little man's crib.  I don't know why, but he when sees it in his crib, every time, without fail, he crawls over to it, even if it's on the opposite side of the crib, lays his head down on it, and starts sucking his fingers.  It's amazing.

I question whether it is actually my scent (the 'theory') or that it is a piece of material that is not supposed to be in his crib, so he is attracted to it. 

(BTW, now that I am thinking, just last week we did have what experts call a 'lovey' in his crib, and he didn't pay much, if any, attention to it.  Hmmmm....)

Of course, now the scientist in me will do an experient with his next nap; I am going to put an unworn t-shirt of mine in his crib and then report back what happens.

If it is actually my scent on the t-shirt that is making him sleep and feel comforted and safe, all I can then say is "aaawww, that's so awesome..." and I will happily tell my husband he was/is right.



Daily News: 

No comments: